Real friendship

Eric - Plymouth, Minnesota

I Believe in Real Friendship

Some people make friends by how handsome you are or your popularity. Therefore, when I look around and notice that people are staying in the same clique, not meeting anyone new, I’m not surprised. In this paper I will tell you the truth in most friendships but the amazing things that happen in true friendships.

The number one most important thing in a friendship it trust and truthfulness. A true friend will never lie to me. He will tell me the truth of what he thinks of a project or assignment and help me do the best I can. Also he will keep a promise unless under an extreme circumstance. I should be able to tell him a secret without the fear of it spreading.

A real friend will not like me by how popular I am or how talented I am at a sport. My friends will protect me when I’m getting made fun of and I would do the same for him or her in the same situation. He will work with me to make me better at the sport. He will push me every day to go farther and farther. Recently, I’ve been playing allot of hockey. I played for one year when I was in kindergarten but quit when I moved away. My best friend Sam has been playing allot with me for the past month. Bursting with adrenaline, I feel myself getting better even when I’m in the middle of a game. Why wouldn’t you want to help out me out? Accordingly, it’s allot more fun playing with someone who can play the sport well than playing with someone who can hardly stand on the skates.

When a friend teases me (which happens often) I know it’s all for fun. Although, if it goes too far I just ask calmly for them to stop and they do without comment. There are times that someone I hardly even know will start making fun of me. I can assume they’re just trying to have fun but, like I said I hardly even know them.

One of the best times I’ve ever had with a friend is with my best friend, Sam. Last summer, I took a car trip with him to his cabin in Canada. I met almost all of his family on his moms’ side of the family. I had an amazing time! Far away from my family, meeting new people, one of the best times I’ve ever had in my life. Anyway, its times like these that forge great friendships.

When you have a potential friend who teases you or won’t stand up for you, then think about this. To sum up, do you want to remain friends with this person who takes you for granted and probably doesn’t treat you fairly?

THIS IS WHAT I BELIVE!