Friendship is Everything

Tori - Birmingham, Alabama

I believe in the power of friendship. To have a friendship is special and to many people, the word “friendship” has a meaning that is exclusive to them. To me friendship means love and honesty. Love is willing the true good of another. Honesty is truthfulness. Those are two values that hold a friendship together.

One night recently, everything was going wrong and some mean things like “I hate you” were said to me. I was crying and had been for about two hours. No one could make me stop. I had already been on the phone with two of my best friends and I still couldn’t stop. I finally decided to leave my room and get on the internet. I went to Facebook,

which is a social networking website. I started chatting with my best friend forever, Robby. I explained to him everything that happened, and I was still crying. He said, “Calm down, you are okay.” I said, “No I’m really not.” He said, “Yes you are, and she didn’t mean the things she said to you.”

Immediately, the tears stopped falling from my eyes. Robby has always been able to make me feel better when I am upset. He can because he is a very sweet and comforting person. He has a crazy and funny personality that is different from most people, and it makes me feel good when he’s around. He’s the kind of best friend that everyone wishes for. He is truly amazing.

Robby was the only person that could make me stop crying. His confidence in me gave me the faith to know that I really was okay. That’s a true best friend. He was there for me, to love me, when I needed him most. He made sure I knew that he had faith in me.

The beauty of friendship is usually unseen by most people. After that night, I realized what it truly feels like to have a best friend. Robby made an impact on me, and I will always remember the confidence he had in me. It meant a lot. This I believe.