Jessica - Illinois

I just don’t feel like myself any more. I realize I am a new person because of my cousin Teah. I just realized how kept to myself I use to be and how loud and express my options. I found not to be afraid of anyone or anything.

When I was in Kindergarten through fourth grade I was really quiet and shy. When I was in fifth grade I started to come out of my shell a little more. Now, in eighth grade, I stand up for myself and express my options. My friend Garrett who moved here in sixth grade didn’t believe me when I told him I use to be very shy. He has only seen the new me and that’s all he will ever see.

How I came to be this new person is when my cousin Teah was becoming constant in my life. See before when we were younger we only saw each other maybe twice a year. Now though she comes over every weekend. She mad me a different person because she is more bold then I ever was. She also grew up with an older brother and a much tougher life than I did. When she did start coming around she rubbed off on me.

Teah taught me to be more outgoing you could say. She is the one who helped me get through the big problems and small. Although she isn’t the greatest role model in most things she is still good for other things.

Teah made me realize this new person she created. I now look back on myself and see I was not who I wanted to be. I f I could choose I would defiantly want to be the person I am now. I believe that you can over come your fears and become a better you.