The Future

Zoe - Birmingham, Alabama

I believe in the future. I believe in what future generations can do. I believe in what we believe is impossible. I believe in the kids of NOW.

I believe in the future. I know that if we focus, we, as kids, can make our future worth living. If we start thinking now, we can create jobs, because with this economy, none of us will have a job after college because there won’t be any jobs left. For example, say our parents want us to wait tables at a restaurant. We won’t be able to, because the jobs will go to experienced people who already know how to wait tables. Sometimes we kids need money, too. But we won’t have any, will we?

I believe in what we can do. We could make flying cars, cure diseases, and heal bones in two seconds in the future. We can do anything we put our minds to. We can CREATE our future out of scraps if we have to. We don’t have to sit here helpless; we can plan and actually use our minds to THINK! It’s a novel idea to this generation. We have Facebook and T.V. and Myspace. They melt our brains into things that are useless: things we can’t use, things that have no value whatsoever in this world.

I believe in the impossible. What we think is impossible is stuff like time travel, quantum physics, and teleportation. That stuff is out there; we just haven’t figured it out yet. We will, though. If we study these things, we can figure them out. All we need is our imagination. This stuff will happen. Maybe not in our lifetime, but it will.

I believe in the kids of NOW. I believe that, with imagination, plans will draw themselves out for us. All we have to do is listen to ourselves. Once we accomplish that, then we can do anything. We can build technologic socks for crying out loud! We can do anything!