Samuel - Mineola, Texas

Why is money so important? Can money ever really buy me happiness? Is this the only way to be rich? Aren’t there any other types of riches? Isn’t there any other way to find true joy?

Less is more. These three little words, I believe can make all the difference in someone’s life. I believe that less is more. It’s the simple things that make me happy. Less can be more in just about every aspect of my life.

It was raining and because of the lightning, there was no going outside. On rainy days Mrs. Gould’s fourth grade class was always so long, it never seemed to end. Because of the storm, there was no recess. No recess meant, no playing outside. This meant we had to resort to board games. Most of the time, these were broken or had missing pieces. The other kids were always really careless, and tore up even the big board games. I, on the other hand was content with a small board game. I mean, when forced to stay inside I liked to just sit and enjoy the game. I had fun just sitting and plying checkers with my friends. Not typical of a fourth grader I know, but I’m not your “typical” person. So, my beliefs started when I was young.

Another time less has proven to be more involves my high school years. I see there that less is more in many ways. Like on the weekends most of the time I’m simply curled up at home watching TV. When I do go out, I’m not a big party person. I’m happy hanging out with a few friends. Its not that I don’t do well in large groups, it’s just that I’m fine with small ones. When I look forward to my future, I can also see how less is going to be more. I know that when I’m married, all I’m going to want to do is be with my wife. When I have children, all ill want is to be with them. So from my past, present and future, I honestly believe, in my life less is more.