Expect the Unexpected

Liliana - mineola, Texas

From the time you open your eyes for the first time, to when you close them forever, what is the reason we are here on this inexplicable earth?

Live is full of surprises! I believe we should expect the unexpected, be ready for whatever God puts in our way.

I am not strong enough to hold out or go back in time. As a child, I grew up without my father, and those first four years, when I needed him, he never got to see my first foot steps, or to hear my first words.

“Dada!” I thank God for letting me reunite with my dad the year of 1995. Ever since, I see him each and every day; I enjoy his company along with the rest of his family. He has seen me mature and experience life. But most important of all, he has been there for me whether I’m going through good or tough times

Sometimes, he doesn’t let me go out with my friends but I understand he doesn’t do it to push my buttons; he does it because he cares about me.

“Uno no es joven por toda la vida!” One is not young for the rest of their lives, I proclaimed to my father when he won’t let me enjoy my youth. Then, he understands and will usually give me permission to go have fun. Although he can be described as a sargent, he will always be my spontaneous father.

Years melt away as I realize he’s getting tired. His hairs spotted as if it were white snow flakes, and his overworked, heavy hands are tired of hard construction he has to accomplish in order to bring food to our table. I know one day he will no longer be by our side, but he will live in my heart for eternity!

I believe that we are on this inexplicable earth to expect the unexpected and to learn from our mistakes! My dad’s here to help me do this.