Dennis - Mineola, Texas

Everyone has a teacher who drives them up the wall. There are good teachers and teachers that are too emotional and need to get the fact, not everyone cares for her or what she stands for. My senior year I had one of those emotional teachers.

Everything we did was because she loves it or it has a meaning. Of course, some or most of the kids are going to like it. But there are more who don’t give a flying fish. And if we didn’t want to do it or didn’t listen to her and keep talking, she would use some stupid excuse to make the class feel bad. “It hurts my feelings, Guys,” and so the class would feel bad and do it, but I sure don’t care what she likes. Everything we do, she talks about for hours and wont shut up. Personally, I would rather not do it or get it done without telling us stupid, pointless stories about a stove from 40 years ago.

A lot of people know I cant stand that teacher. She compares all books to reality when I know life is completely different than what we read. We would not do the same things that are in books. Life situations are completely different. There is a lot I don’t care about, especially her and her loves (a.k.a. books and writing). That’s why I believe English class is a waste of time there are plenty of people who don’t want to know about old stuff. There are a lot of things in life that don’t require knowing about past literature.