Connor - USA

I believe many things to be true. The beliefs that I hold today have been shaped by the experiences I have faced throughout my life. Many people believe in things they can’t quite prove to be true, such as religion. Although those beliefs are just as important as any other, my belief is a little more “straight forward”. I believe in family. When you think of family you think of your mom, your dad, brothers and sisters. Those people are the most important people in your life, in my opinion. Through thick or thin, they will always be there for you. I believe that when you really need someone to fall back on, your family will be right there to catch you. Just like most kids when they were little, whenever I got sick, my mom would always make me some hot soup and bundle me up in blankets so I would feel better. Even though I don’t see her that often anymore after her and my dad split up, I know from that experience that whenever I need her, she will be there. Another thing that I remember my family doing for me was if I ever had trouble in school or sports, my dad would sit me down and help me out, no matter how long it took. My family has helped me out whenever I needed it. If someone is giving you a hard time in school, you know the first person that is going to stick up for you is your big brother. He would never let anything bad happen to you. A major aspect of your life that family helps you out with is girls. Your sister always has to approve of the girl, always. When I first started going out with my girlfriend, my sister had to meet her, just to see if she was good enough for her little brother. Those little things that our families do for us mean a lot to me. I believe that family is stronger than any other bond in the world and no matter what happens, your family will always be there for you.