Let The Flame Burn Forever

Whitney - Ashland, Kentucky

I believe in an eternal flame. One that keeps us going from day to day, but leads us to question things. Where are we going when we leave this Earth? Do we just die or do we carry on to a new life in heaven or hell? Is the Bible complete truth? Does love exist or is it just something made up for Hollywood movies? All of these are questions I find myself thinking about before I lay down to go to bed each night. Some are more important than others but some leave you to wonder.

I believe that there is a Heaven and a Hell, the Bible tells us this. Also, though, I believe the Bible does have some flaws. No, I am not saying that Jesus didn’t come to Earth and save my soul, I question if when God told the people that wrote the Bible if they actually put what they wanted instead of what was told to write. The Bible is thousands of years old, many translations have been written and I believe many values and meanings to stories have been lost over time and translation. I find it so hard to read the ten commandments and follow each one on a daily basis. I’ve been in the person that went to church every Sunday morning/night, and Wednesday evenings. I was involved in many activities my church offered from volunteering in the nursery, or going on mission trips. As I grew older and the man that I looked up to most in my life left my church, the faith in my heart has slowly disappeared. I’m not sure if the fire is gone, but it leads me to wonder why God would take such a huge influence out of my life and put them somewhere else?

I think about this all the time, why I lost that fire that I had at one point in my life and now it’s gone. I believe I can get it back God will put someone back in my life to help me fire up my eternal flame once again.