enjoy the moment

Ted - Minnnetonka, Minnesota

Paradise is defined as a place of bliss or complete happiness. The island of St. Johns in the U.S. Virgin Islands is paradise. All throughout the trip I enjoyed the vacation but I realized on the last day that you should really enjoy the time when you’re somewhere so special.

It was our family’s last day on the island which is so amazing. Everything about the island was so cool, the sounds of the waves lapping up on the sandy beach, the warm heat touching your skin, the amazing sights of the island and islands around it like the rain forest type jungle and sugar plantation ruins, even the smell of fresh fruit is so amazing. All these aspects scream paradise to my family and especially me. So as I was sitting on the warm sandy beach I started feeling sad about leaving the island and all the fun I had on it. Suddenly, I started having negative thoughts about going back home, something I am sure everyone feels. I started thinking about the fun snorkeling and hanging out on the beach how I was going to miss all of it. Then I wondered why am I thinking this I mean; come on, I’m still in paradise for one more day why not enjoy this last day to the fullest and enjoy this moment because it’s not everyday I will be in paradise. So right after I thought that I really started to enjoy the last moments on the island. I first swam out with one of our friends that I met there and we brought back a bunch of sea shells and cool dried up coral we found on a cliff that we swam out to. Then went snorkeling and saw a bunch of cool fish and other things I hadn’t seen before like barracudas. Later my dad and I played catch with the frisbee on the immense shoreline. The last day turned out to be one of the best days. Overall I really enjoyed the last day of my vacation. That night as I went to bed and felt good that I didn’t waste my last day on the island.

When going somewhere always try to enjoy the moment that you’re in because when you look back someday at that moment your proud that you took advantage of that situation weather in paradise or at school or anywhere else.