Life Is A Test

Anna - Oxford, Pennsylvania

I believe that life is just a test, a test to see how far humanity can truly go, how long we can truly strive. As I look at the world, I see death, hate, and very little love. Life is just a test of strength. If we can’t look at our fellow people and help them when needed, whether we know them or not, we are failing. If people can’t put the bombs and guns away we are failing the main purpose of being here. I watch the news and every day there’s someone else dieing to gun violence. I’ve lost many in my time, and it doesn’t only stop a life, but it ruins their families and friends’ lives as well. Why do people insist on hurting someone for their own happiness? Someday everyone will have to learn that the person that we hate may be the person that saves us later and we might have to rely on them.

I believe that the person standing next to me in the street, maybe the helping hand that I need or the memory of that one child will become a hit movie and will be my uprising in fame. I refuse to let my life be a part of the hate that infects this world my ancestors have worked so hard to create. With every gun that gets put away, I think we can change our lives. I think we can take a step in the right direction and live past 100. I think people will smile more instead of cry and the people that were doomed to be victims on the streets will live happy lives. I will never touch a gun because it’s no more than a tool of death that we think our lives depend on. I think life is about looking at the person next to you and acknowledging that they can save you. It’s a test that depends on everyone’s participation to truly succeed.