Being is Different is Being American

raunaq - winfield, Kansas

America is a united nation, it consists of all the varities of people in the world. People with black skin, rown, yellow, white etc. It is the 4th largest country in the world and has variety of weather too.

Some of us are men, some are women. Some are gay, some are straight. Some are young, some old. Some are Christian, some Jewish, some Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, and some atheist. Some of us are short, and others tall. Some right-handed, some left-handed, some disabled. We have lots of differences; we are all unique. But deep down inside us, down in our DNA, we are 99.9 percent the same. And I believe we need to remember that.

IN USA i understood this fact that every man is equal. No matter wether they are black, white, brown or whatever. The only thing that matters is that they are humans and we have to help them. Well if you take my case I am a forgien exchange stusent in USA and my religeon is sikh. In this religeon we are not allowed to shave or hair. So i have a beard and long hair. Americans give due respect to my religeon and everybody is nice and humble to me.

As far as I believe there is more that unites us than divides us. My dad is brown and my mom is white. they did the intercast marriage. One day when I was a junior in high school, I watched my parents walk down the aisle of our church together. They were participating in the service that day, and as they walked, I saw their hands swinging together in unison. I noticed for the first time how dark my mother was, and how white my father was. I knew them as my parents before I saw them as people—before I perceived their skin color. I’m sorry to say that now when people see a mixed race couple walking down the street, they see the “mixed race” first and the “couple” second.

But USA is a great example of world peace today. You can see a black man Barack Obama leading the whole country of whites as the majority. I think world should really learn that no matter what, we people are the one who create war and who then promote peace.

LET US ALL PUT OUR HANDS TOGETHER AND SAY NO TO RACISM NO TO WARS AND NO TO TERRORISM.

I BELIEVE IF THERE IS REALY HEAVEN, ITS ACTUALY ON EARTH WHERE YOU COULD ACTUALY SEE AND FEEL IT AND LIVE LIFE. IT JUST TAKES US PEOPLE (COMMON POPULATION) OF EVERY COUNTRY TO CHANGE THE WORLD. LETS DO IT NOW.

Its really hard for me to understand that why people go for war, why people become terrorist and why people pick up weapons.

we are developing science and technology, cant we develop how to not tochose these weapons. We definitely can do research on psychology and find what really make these people to go for weapons and this racism.

If nobody else i wil sacrifice my life doing it.

Its we who have to make this place as heaven nobody else is going to do this for us. no god nobody else its just we the people who have to do it.