Perfect?

Keisha - Waterville, Iowa

Why is it that so many people try to do things perfectly? Why do people, teens in particular, think that they have to be the coolest one out there? That other people are always better than they are? Why don’t people look at what they have instead of what they don’t?

Nothing can be perfect. If it was, life would be way to easy and, after a while, it would get really boring. It would be the same everyday. You wouldn’t have anything to do because you would have it all done. There would be nothing that would get dirty. If it was perfect you wouldn’t have to work, cook, do chores, go to school, or even make your bed. Life would be just plain and boring!

To tell you the truth, even if you think somebody is better than you or is the best person in the world, they are not. Nobody is perfect. If they were, they would not be human. Maybe robots are perfect, but that’s not always true either. They often have technological problems. Also, there is always somebody who is going to be better. God made us all different for a reason and he gave us different abilities. We should use them and be happy, but not many people are.

I don’t understand why people try so hard to change how they are or what they look like. People should be happy with what they have. Most of the people who want to change their looks or how they act, don’t realize that there are a ton of people out there who have it worse than they do. For example, somebody who does not have legs due to an accident. If there were something or someone out there that would convince everybody that they should be happy with what they have because other people don’t have as much, then maybe things would change, but I don’t think so.

I think that people, like teachers, parents, friends, and church leaders already try to do this. I believe that it is so hard to try to be perfect, and that it is just plain dumb to try so hard to be perfect. In the end it probably won’t work out anyway and you will be even more depressed than you are now. It would be hard to get everybody out there to realize the fact already that they are good enough. I believe that people should consider this and realize that what they have is already great.