The Greatest Bond

Devin - Prescott Valley, Arizona

I believe there is no stronger bond than that of a mother and a child. The connection between the too compares to no greater love.

From the day you are born, you know the sound of your mother. You know the way she smells and moves. When a mother holds her newborn, the feeling inside is indescribable. It is the only type of love at first sight there is. Now, decisions are based not as an I, but as a we. I am now forever nuzzled behind my mothers wing.

As a child, I always wanted to be held. Not by just anyone, but by my mother. She provided me with the feeling of protection and love. She taught me the basic rules for growing up. She would go to the ends of the world to make me the happiest I could be. She endured a long and painful birth, determined to see my eyes for the very first time. Her life was going to change. She now had another life in her hands. A gift and a treasure. She held me tight for the very first time, and promised the world to keep me out of harms way.

When I was sick, I would cry for my mother. She would place a cool rag on my forehead and play with my hair until I fell asleep. She would not leave until I was sleeping. She would take me to the doctor, and gave me whatever I needed to get better. She stayed home to make sure I was not alone.

I am a lot older than those days now, and I can guarantee you I still cry for my mother. I seek her for protection. She is the only person I can talk to when times are hard, and always makes me laugh when I had a stressful day. When we look into each others eyes, there is not one thing we wouldn’t do for each other. She repeats the words I love you every day, just to make sure I know. She is always worried when I am away, and the constant calls that appear to be annoying, are signs that show she cannot stop thinking about me. The hug from my mother and gentle kiss not only provides a safe feeling in me, but a reassuring feeling in her. She still looks at me as her baby, as her life.

I am not a mother myself, but I can tell you honestly there is no bond like this. How can I answer that? By looking at the way my mother looks into her mothers eyes. I see myself, and I feel the ways she does. Although my college days are coming up, I guarantee my mom is the one person I will call first when I am upset. The one that will help me when I am struggling. Forever and always, the love from a mother conquers all.