Who is Faithfull

tricia - prescott valley, Arizona

In life, we go through different relationships that bring out what we really believe in. In all relationships, the thing that matters most to me is faithfulness. I especially believe in faithfulness, when it comes to a love relationship. Your heart is very involved when you fall in love with a guy, and it’s very important for you, and your man to be faithful to one another. It can happen quite often where either the guy or the girl is not faithful, which always leads to a broken heart. Many times when this happens, the one who gets hurt can become bitter and stop being faithful because they think there’s no point for commitment. When I got hurt, that was exactly what I wanted to do. I would be your typical bitter person today if it wasn’t for my experience with the most faithful, and loving person of all. He showed me what faithfulness really means, and what it means to forgive and be forgiven. His name is Jesus Christ.

It was about three years ago when I met the love of my life, or so I thought. He was my prince charming. He had the dark hair, the muscular body, the sweet personality, and a beautiful skin complexion. In the beginning it was amazing, and we were both so happy and in love. The two of us were faithful to each other in every way. I always thought if I was faithful, then the other person would be too. That was the case for the first two years, until he got involved with drugs. Drugs can really change a person, and the things that are important to them can gradually fade away. At the time, I didn’t know he was doing drugs, only I saw how he was changing. Soon his faithfulness wasn’t to me, but to the drugs that got him high. He was always too tired or too busy to see me, and always had some kind of excuse. When we were together, it was as if he wasn’t even there. I soon found out about his drug addiction that he had been hiding from me. I was upset that he was doing drugs of course, but mainly it hurt that he didn’t care about me enough to tell me about his addiction. When I would ask why he was so distant and indifferent to me, again the excuses came, but this time with such anger and manipulative words behind them. He became so faithful to his drugs and pleasing himself that he had forgotten about me.

Things just kept getting worse, and the one thing I thought he and I still shared was faithfulness. Then he proved me wrong again, when I saw him cheat on me. I can’t even begin to explain the hurt and the pain I felt inside. It felt like my heart had been shattered. It is one of the worst feelings that I have ever experienced. It made me hate him, and all guys together for a period of time. Never again did I want to be in a relationship with a guy, because I thought that they would all end in the same way. The one thing I believed in the most, I began to question; why be faithful to someone when they won’t be faithful to you? I’m so thankful that I have a relationship with Jesus Christ though, because that was the one thing that kept me strong. He is the one person that will always be faithful to you no matter what. I know that without Him, I would still be that bitter person I was becoming. I learned a lot from that relationship, but the main thing I learned was, even if someone is not faithful to you, you should never change what you really believe in. The bible says.” While we were yet sinners Christ died for us” (Romans 5:8) so, even when I was unfaithful to God, he was always faithful to me.