Don’t Forget the Important Things

Kara - Chino Valley, Arizona

This I Believe…

I believe that you should always remember the things that are important in life.

Have you ever heard a baby’s belly laugh. The deep and rich sound reverberates through the air piercing the hearts of all. This simple sound brings peace to the heart abd joy to the soul. It is a simple reminder of what is truly important in life.

There are poignant pictures all around us that can deliver a similar reminder. When an elderly couple walks around holding hands and by the looks in their eyes you can tell that they have stayed by each others side through thick and thin. The expression of love they carry is what we live for. Or when a young couple, just starting off and barely scraping by laughs when they find themselves fighting over who gets the last four quarters for coffee. They laugh because in the end they know they are alright because they have each other.

These are the things that truly matter in life, not money, or power, but the love and the laughter that you fill your life with. The fulfillment and peace one can find in a simple evening at home with their family is sometimes the most empowering things in life.

Personally I have discovered all of these things in my life. When I come home from a rough day and walk into the house to my nephew laughing I can take a sigh of relief as all my troubles wash away. And I can’t help but smile when I see an old couple doing what they do best, loving and caring for one another.

Even the coffe story is from a personal experience as my parents are the ones who had the fight. They are now a happily married couple of 29 years with three kids and one grandchild. They made it through those rough spots together and built a family and that is something that can never be taken away from them because they know the truth about what is important to their lives.