Live as if you Were to Die Tomorrow

Bailey - Denison, Kansas
Themes: carpe diem

Live as if you Were to Die Tomorrow

Learn as if you were to live forever, live as if you were to die tomorrow. My grandma was here one day and gone the next. My grandma’s death was unlike the others. My grandma Eubanks died when I was just a kid and I didn’t know her she had Alzheimer so it slowly happened and my grandpa Eubanks was quick and I didn’t have time to react. Seeing my grandma Grace their suffering knowing it could be anytime was harder than anything.

My grandma had breast cancer; it went away but soon came back. They tried radiation it didn’t help. The doctors had another option they tried it four times. She went through some more tests a month later the cancer had gone from 200 to over 1900. She was put on hospice. My mom talked to me about it, she said my cousin was upset because many people in his family had gone through cancer, some didn’t make it.

I remember two days before she passed my grandma told me she loved me, most of my family didn’t get to hear that because within hours she became incoherent. That day was the day she was put in the hospice house, my family teased about how hard it would be to work there, because in a hospice house people are only there for a short time. My grandma wasn’t there more than 36 hours. I went to school that Monday, and dance class that night, something wasn’t right I could almost feel it. My parents came home and shortly we were on our way back to Topeka, she was gone.

I believe in living every moment to the fullest, I believe that anything can happen we are put on this Earth and can be taken away even faster. Death isn’t something to fear and not something to look forward to; we all know it’s going to happen, we just don’t know when or how. My grandma was put on hospice knowing it could be tomorrow or six months later. My friend from the county fair was healthy and happy and had his whole life ahead of him; he was gone in an instant.

I believe that we can make a difference if we live life to the fullest and appreciate what we have. Nothing can hold you back, living life in fear is something chickens are known for, living life outgoing and to extremes is what I want to be known for. If I live like tomorrow I could be gone I won’t have much stress and I won’t have anything to regret.