Tiffany - Holton

I believe every one has a hero. It doesn’t have to be superman, batman or spiderman. It could be just anyone. Like a school janitor or a policeman or even a fire fighter. My hero is my dad. Jeffery Maddison McDaniel.

One very early August morning I woke up, got dressed and took my suitcase out to the truck where my Dad loaded it up. My dad, brother, and I all got into the truck and drove down to the Syracuse, New York airport. It always starts out this way. We are on our way; Dad says, “Don’t forget to call and email me”. We would always say, “We won’t. Don’t worry about it”. But he still says it each time anyway. Before I get on that plane to go back to my mom’s in Kansas. I hug my dad very tight. Usually, I also cry. My brother and I both knew that we were not going to see my dad for a while. My dad is in the military. He is a CW4. Which stands for Chief Warrant Officer 4.

The only thing weird about my dad being in the military is people coming up to him and saying thank you. But I guess people think he is a hero too.

My dad is a hero to me, not because he is in the military and goes over seas. But because he took me to the hospital when I needed stitches. He taught me how to whistle. He also taught me how to be a good person and to stay calm and have common sense. My dad taught me a lot of things. I know my brother James also looks up to my dad too. He always talks like him and dresses the same exact way. A t-shirt, jean shorts, knee socks, and steel toed army boots.

In the end I don’t know what I would do if anything happened to my hero. It’s important to have a hero. I believe this because everyone needs some one to draw inspiration from. They need some one who makes them think out side of the box and be creative. Even if parents say cartoons are not good for their children I think they are because they help the kids in establish what they want to be when they grow up. Someone looked up to. Some who helps out in the community and mostly someone who becomes a super hero one day. This I believe.