Just Dance!

Jocelyn - Houston, Texas

I may not be the best dancer but when I begin to dance, I forget about everything and I enjoy myself. I pretty much like to dance to every type of music. I feel like the whole world stops on that instant.

Ever since I was in elementary I enjoyed being on stage; either it was doing a small play, gymnastics, cheerleading, or even doing stunts in skating, not to mention dancing! Every time I would go on that stage, I knew I would do my best, but I always did like the adrenaline rushing through my veins. It was sort of a scare mixed with excitement; I loved it! However, when I am on stage or on a dance floor, I go to my room, turn the music full blast, and just forget about any thoughts, any problems, about everything, and “dance like there is no one watching!” I know of people who put things in their bodies; so they say, “it helps them have a better time and have fun.” I personally detest it, but that’s them. I believe that you do not have to intoxicate your body in order to have a blast. Sure, it makes you feel good but it does not last forever. Unlike dance, it is the best drug you will ever have! It just comes to you; it helps you forget all problems!

When I am doing a performance, I like to portray my feelings through dancing. I love the fact your audience feels the same you feel just by watching a piece of art, because that is what dance is….art