How my Father has made an impact on my Life

Dylan - Holton, Kansas

I Believe Essay

How My Father Has Made An Impact On My Life

My father is someone that has had the biggest impact on my life. My father, no matter what the circumstance, has made time for his family.

When I was between 5-7 my dad started to introduce different sports to me. He bought me my first baseball glove, bat, and baseball. Once I had those, he got me involved in t-ball and I loved it. When I had finished the first season my mom decided she wanted to be a coach for my team because she wanted to get involved. Then after he had gotten me into baseball, he taught me how to play football and then got me to play with a team. At first I didn’t like to play for a team but my dad kept telling me to stick it out and keep trying. Eventually I fell in love with the sport, which led to how I play today.

After living in Nevada, MO for over half of my life my dad and mom decided to move up to Holton, Kansas so we could live closer to my only living grandparents. When we moved here my dad started teaching me how to mow the lawn. For the next year I mowed our small rental properties yard. That year, when it came to sports, I really didn’t want to do them because I did not know anyone and was afraid that if they were way better than me, I would be made fun of. My dad told me to work my hardest and if that wasn’t enough, just keep working hard. Eventually everything would work out and I would be considered one of the better linemen. When we moved to the house we are currently in my dad taught me how to strip wall paper and all kinds of things. Later that year during the summer my dad helped me start my own small mowing business getting me jobs working for some of his friends. He taught me how to maintain and repair my equipment I was using.

When I became a seventh grader I started my first summer weight lifting. If I missed one day of lifting my father would tell me that in order for me to get better at sports it is crucial that I go to lifting every day it was open. When it came to grades if a grade of mine drops below a C my dad is on my butt (after my mom tells him) to get them up if I didn’t get them up he would always ground me for it. If there is something my mom needs help with or needs done and he can’t help he tells me to do it so she doesn’t strain herself. He always try’s to get to my games or school related events.

I believe that the impact that my dad has had on my life will affect the way I will be the rest of my life. The never die hard attitude and the bull headedness.