Life is what you make it

Michaela - Holton, Kansas

Life is what you make it

I love the saying “Life is what you make it”, because while you are in high school you can do any sport or take any class or get involved in any club that you want to and have fun when doing it. On the other hand you cannot do any of those things when you get out of high school you will look back and regret not doing anything of those things and you wish you could go back and do a sport or get involved in a club. There is little to no chance that anyone gets a second chance to go back and do something like that in his or her lifetime.

When I was in middle school in 6th grade I didn’t know whether I wanted to go out for any sports or not. Then one day my mom and I were talking about sports and she told me that I should make the most of my middle school career. Then the next thing I know I talked myself into going out for sports. I am glad that I talked myself into doing sports because if I hadn’t then I probably would be wishing I had later on in life. Now that I am a freshman in high school I look back on what I did in middle school and I am glad I went out for sports. One thing I wish I did do was go out for more clubs.

As I got to thinking about this saying it just doesn’t apply to sports. It can also be applied in leadership, attitude, being a good citizen, helping out in your community, being an officer in a school activity like FFA or FCLA. It can also mean being an officer in 4-H group. If you can step up and be a leader or a good citizen in anything you do then you will be able to make the most out of your life. You probably cannot control other people’s attitudes or even situations going on around you. The only thing you can control is your attitude and how you react to life’s situations. If you don’t try to be involved in any school activities or anything out in the community then later on when you get out of high school you will eventually regret not doing anything and wish you could go back and do some of those things.

I believe that life is what you make it whether you do a lot or a little in high school as long as you have fun doing it. If you are satisfied doing what you did then you have pretty much done your goal of high school. I am satisfied with what I did in middle school when I went out for sports and I will probably finish high school with doing all the sports that I love.