Something To Look Forward To

Rachelle - Holton, Kansas
Themes: carpe diem

Something To Look Forward To

There are two types of people, ones that live life to the fullest, and ones that don’t really care about anything in life. It is obvious which kind of person you should want to be. The hard part is actually deciding to be that kind of person.

I am the kind of person who likes to live life to the fullest because I realize that before you know it, most of your life is already over. I try my hardest to be the best I can be, so that I can do something in the future to make my life worthwhile.

One of the things that I love to do is run. It is also one of the ways that I make my life worth living. I always get so nervous before I run. I get huge butterflies in my stomach and I start to name all the other things that I would rather be doing at the moment. Usually the butterflies in my stomach get so big that I start to feel sick. Once the instructor takes us out onto the track, I am more nervous than I ever thought was possible. But once the gun goes off all the nerves suddenly leave my body as though I left them behind at the starting line. The part about running that I really love is the way it feels as the wind is rushing past my face, and while I’m running it seems like nothing else in the world even matters. Things I hope to accomplish in running is making it to state all four years in track and hopefully a couple times in Cross Country as well. I would also hope that running could help get me a scholarship, of some sort, to college. I feel that running could help get me farther in life and can help me learn to not give up on my future goals.

There are many other things that a person can to make his or her life worthwhile. Everyone has different talents, different pursuits, and different things that they enjoy. I think that if a person wants to be the best they can be and live life the way it should be lived, they need to take these things and make something good out of them. It can be hard to overcome things in life that make it more difficult to pursue your goals, but after taking that first step toward making something out of life, it gets easier and the goal becomes much more clear and realistic.

Take time to decide on what you want to do with your life. Everyone needs something to work toward and look forward to, this I believe.

By: Rachelle Harman