Hard work brings profit

Rob - Holton, Kansas
Themes: work

Hard Work Brings Profit

My dad and mom always taught me to be a hard worker. They brought me up to do everything to the best of my ability. When I was working out with my dad or doing card workouts in the summer I knew that I needed to do everything, or I would feel guilty. During football practice I want to give it my all and save nothing for afterwards. If you work hard you will get rewarded.

I believe in hard work.

My parents brought me up telling me to do everything I was told. And I did it. So did all my other siblings. I think that is what made me become a hard worker. I hate not getting everything done in weights class during our six-minute rotations. I also don’t like taking one hour and 30 minutes to get my card done some days. But I get it done and I get it all done. You want to know why? It’s because I want to do everything, unlike a lot of people at the school I go to, and that gives me an edge, an edge to be better than them in football, wrestling, basketball, track, baseball, and/or golf.

My motto is that if there is something to be done, do it, try not to complain, and do the job well. For example, if you have to spend one hour working as a waiter at a restaurant, you might as well treat your guests as good as possible to make them feel like it was worth going to your restaurant. Or if your in weights for an hour and a half, you might as well lift the whole time, get in shape for any sports you are doing, and not talk to your friends and be lazy.

If everybody worked hard our economy would be in a lot better shape too. If everyone put 110% into their job, the U.S. wouldn’t be in so much debt right now. But not everybody out there does put 110% into their job and we are in a recession at the moment.

I love when I see someone in the weight room sweating, breathing hard, and wanting to find somewhere to sit down because they are working hard, and eventually I know that person will succeed because hard work will bring you profit in the future.

Work hard at anything and everything you do and you will succeed.