A Smile Can Change A Person’s Day!

Kelsey - Holton, Kansas

I have had many awful weeks, but last week was the worst I have ever had. And I thought that it was just going to get worse and worse because it was the week before Valentines. But strangely it got much better on Valentines Day.

Ok so the week before Valentines was bad. It all started out the Saturday before Valentines Day. The night before we had a dance and my friend’s friend was driving home and he got in an accident and it was awful. The next day I found out about it and my friend was really upset about it. She had to fight through the pain that she felt because we had a basketball tournament.

She cried the whole way down because everyone was talking about it and was making her upset. But once we got there she had stopped and I felt so bad for her. We still had to play our games. The first game I did all right but the second game I did awful. We still won both of them but I felt crummy that I played awful then my friend just smiled and said that it was all right.

The next couple of days I just laid around the house trying to get better for my basketball games that week. I ended up missing the first game that I had that week because I was throwing up and couldn’t eat anything. The next day I felt better so I went to school and I was all right at school but then after school I had practice and I felt awful during that, so did many other people because they were sick as well… And because everyone was feeling awful no one was smiling. ☹

The next couple days at school it seemed like everyone was getting better. Everyone had a smile on his or her faces and it just seemed much better and happier. I was still feeling crummy so I wasn’t in a very good mood but everyone was helping me be in a better mood by all of their smiles. Then I had a game two days in a row. The first one went pretty bad because I was still sick and could hardly breath. My second game went a little better I wasn’t feeling sick at all but I got hit in the nose really hard and had a bloody nose.

Now Saturday… Valentines Day… And I had no Valentine. Yet that was the day that had turned my week around. People were being nice and smiling a lot… It changed my whole week from being awful to awesome! I believe that people should put a smile on their faces cause it could always turn someone’s day around even if you’re having a bad one. ☺