Reputation

Logan - Circleville, Kansas

Character is like a tree and reputation is its shadow. Right now, I have a character that no one pays attention to but everybody pays attention to my reputation. Basically, I’m living in my grandpa and my dad’s shadow. Everybody in my family, and the janitors at my high school, expects the best out of me. After practice or after and all day tournament, my dad says I need to go to the weight room because he wants me to be as good as him and he wants me to go to college for football or wrestling.

Its like he is trying to live his life over again but though me. My grandpa also has a reputation for being really good at sports and the reason the janitors know me is theat they went to school with my grandpa.

My dad and my grandpa had a reputation for having straight A’s through their school years for me it is a little different. They always talk about how I don’t have the drive in sports to play college. My dad had a big reputation at Jackson heights and he was a great football and basketball player, a game against Holton he made two half court shots in the middle of the game. In football, he is says he was known as a big hitter so he tells me, and he says in the seventh grade he hit someone so hard he broke the kids arm.

This is why I don’t like having my dad and my grandpa’s reputation. My dad is trying to push me so hard he is wanting me to be as good as him. My grandpa minds his own busness because he sees how hard my dad pushes me.

I believe that you should be judged by character and not reputation. You don’t know if someone just wants to be your friend because you have a lot of money or you have a nice house or because you are the all star on the football field or on the basketball court. You should be judged on your character and nothing else.