Making Desicions

Austin - Holton, Kansas

I believe that making choices is one of the hardest things that I have to do in life. I am always worrying about the outcome of both choices, from the simplest of choices to the most complex.

I have recently gone to regionals in the category of entrepreneurship for FCCLA at my school. At this competition my partner and I won and have now been invited to go to state. The only problem is that state is the same weekend as a band trip I am supposed to go on. Now I have to make a choice between these two.

“FCCLA would be better for a college application,” my parents tell me, but I know that I would have more fun on the band trip. The only problem is I don’t want to disappoint my partner that I have on the project. They could still go to state without me but they would not get all of the points since the whole group isn’t there

This is one of the more difficult problems I have had to choose between. I have to think about all the options for everything past, present, and future to help me decide. I have already signed up for the band trip and most of my friends are going on it too. On the FCCLA trip, there are only five of us that made it to state and that is including my partner and me. One of the five has already said that they are not going so there will only be the teacher and four of us. This event will be so much more boring than the band trip. I have a feeling though, that my partner and I are going to make it to nationals and that isn’t helping me decide either.

As of now if I was asked which one I was going to go to I would say band. I really wish that somehow the FCCLA event would get cancelled for that weekend and moved to another weekend though so that I could go to both, but what are the chances of that ever happening.

Then it happened. We figured out a way that I could go to both. The band trip is Friday through Monday, the FCCLA trip is Sunday through Tuesday. The Monday of the band trip would just be driving home, and the Sunday of the FCCLA trip is just driving there. So all I have to do is leave the band trip Sunday night and go to the FCCLA event.

I always hope though, that whether I made the right or wrong choice, I learn from it so that it may be used in the future to make other choices and decisions. This I believe- making choices is one of the hardest things in life and everyone has to make choices every single day no matter how big or small, significant or insignificant, they are still there.