My Dad’s Life Changing Story

Jayna - Soldier, Kansas

I believe that life has obstacles to get through but if you are determined to get through them and you believe and trust in God then it will turn out for the best. Don’t ever give up in God or yourself.

In the summer of 2005, my family and I went through a terrible time. My dad was breaking a horse in the lot at our house. My brother and I were outside also doing the chores. My dad was backing up the horse when it fell backwards on top of him and they both fell down backwards. I could hardly breathe. I didn’t know what to do because the horse was on top of my dad so I ran inside to get my mom and she came running out. The horse finally rolled off of my dad and ran off. While my mom was helping my dad, I had to call my neighbors so they could come over and help. My dad was on the ground and couldn’t move, so we just had to wait until the ambulance came. We were trying to comfort him. I didn’t know if he was going to make it, but I prayed the minute it happened for God to be with him and get him through this. I just had to trust God to keep him safe.

They life-starred him to the Topeka hospital and when we finally got there they told us we could see him. They told him he was going to be o.k. but they had to keep a close watch on him. When we went in there to see him, his eyes were closed and he started crying. My mom and brothers just kept saying that he was going to be o.k. and we were there with him. My dad had to stay in the hospital for several weeks and during my birthday. So, we had to have a birthday party in his room for me. That night, the doctor said that he broke a couple ribs and he had a bruise mark on his stomach where the saddle went into him. After my dad got better, he said that his foot got caught in the stirrup or else he would have jumped off the horse. It took a little recovery time but my dad was o.k.

Life has many obstacles to face. But for me to get through this obstacle, I had to believe and trust in God to get him my family through this and above all my dad. If my family and I didn’t pray every night to God and trust in him that he would keep my dad safe, then he might not have made it. But we did every possible thing it took so my dad would be o.k.

I believe that life has obstacles but for me to get through my obstacle I had to be determined and I had to believe and trust in God and myself. This I believe.

Jayna Smith