Hosur - San Antonio, Texas

US Government I believe in:

The greatest country built by a group of visionary leaders. These groups of people with diverse background came together to write the greatest living constitution in the world which no country is yet to match. The people of America agreed upon to live within the framework of certain rules to govern themselves with civility. America as an idea has been so successful that people from other countries stand in line to come to America rather than emulating to live like Americans in their own respective countries. As an immigrant I lament at the misfortune of millions of people elsewhere who have no liberty like Americans do. But we are gradually loosing it.

Ever since I have been living in this country since 1986, I have seen a sharp decline in the ideals on which this country was founded: liberty, tolerance, appreciation of nature, religious freedom, scientific development etc. People are being led by over zealous narrow minded leaders who constantly on the run for office to stay in power as long as they can without regard for the general well being of the citizenry. They use fear tactics to keep people from thinking freely and fairly. People are divided over things that have no bearing on their daily lives. Policies are made by the ‘powers that be’ based on the thinking of the few. Collective common sense policies are no longer in vogue. Every piece of legislation is drawn to help a certain group of people.

I believe that the Americans ability to extend and recognize the basic decency to each other in every walk of life is what makes this country great.

What we need is good government, not whether it is small or large . It is the job of the government to keep every group of people to keep all in line. Goons in gowns (Judiciary), Governments with Guns and illiterate populace is the norm in most developing countries. America has lot to offer to the world by example. I believe that America will regain its prominence in the world and be a beacon of hope for people in other countries.