I believe that all people are reincarnated.

Bhavesh - Houston, Texas

My whole family says our prayers at night. We believe in many Gods, not just one and when we go to a temple they have many monuments of the Gods that we pray to. We believe that when someone or something dies it does not just die but is reborn into a better “person”.

My entire family does not eat meat because we think of animals as being sacred and that it could be the soul of someone else. I believe in the philosophy of reincarnation and believe that all beings are reincarnated in some way that I do not know of. I would like to think that my entire family has experienced reincarnation at one time or another.

Whether it is an animal or a person all beings are capable of being reborn. One day a sick bird came to our house and just sat there until all of my family came home and then it just passed away quietly, after it passed away we buried it. We like to think of it as a soul that wanted to see our whole family as a one for one more time. My family says that very often when we see something dead that it is not dead but being born into another body living a happier life than before.

It is sometimes a difficult concept to explain the true philosophies we follow and why we follow them. I know, however, that one of the most important and most worthy lessons to learn is the person we will become in the future. This is somewhat like the basis of karma. If you do good and helpful things in this life you can become a being that is “higher” in your next life. And if you do things that hurt people and make them feel miserable you might become a person or thing you could never imagine. This is the basis of the famous proverb “What goes around comes around.”

I know that my whole family and I strive to become better and more helpful people. I know that every time I do a good thing I do them because of the teachings from my family. It is not always about doing good things to be reincarnated as a good being but from the goodness in your heart, because I believe everything in this world follows karma.