The American Dream

Lucia - houston, Texas

“What do you believe?” a question that is asked day in and day out. Now more than ever it is important to have your own beliefs and ideas. I believe in self-sustenance. The American people have the ability and the resources to efficiently achieve most goals that they have in their future. We as a whole should not depend on anybody to support our families, not even the government. If you are able bodied and have the ability to work and have no barriers, you should be able to support yourself and loved ones.

Why should we, not only as taxpayers, but also as hard working Americans, have to pay for the lazy, nonworking citizens? Now I am not saying that no family that receives help from the government deserves it, I am just saying that some people cheat the system and do not really need it. Every American should be able to sustain him or herself to live a modest, well-earned, life; it is the dream of every American. The people that really want to better themselves will work three times as hard to be able to support their lifestyle without any assistance from the government. Millions of dollars go to welfare programs, and I believe that some of those people can support themselves without any assistance. It is not a case of tax dollars, it is a case of morals that society has. Every American wants to live well, and work is needed to accomplish that dream. Sometimes it may take some sacrifices. You must be reasonable, and efficient to be able to sustain you and your family.

This is what I believe, it may seem radical, but this is what I believe. Every American should work hard to give themselves and their families a better life. Without the help of your neighbor, just you, your honest hard work and sacrifice.