This i believe

Austin - 77036, Texas

I believe in free public transportation. The privilege of transportation should not be limited to those with above average economic status. Recently the Houston Independent School District called a meeting in which to discuss Magnet schools’ expensive transportation. Primarily buses are used to transport students from throughout the district to Magnet schools. Magnet schools are meant for talented and intelligent students, no matter what race, gender, or economic status, to come together to learn and connect. Magnets schools have proven effective and brought many of the best students together to these centers of great education. These schools are acclaimed for their effectiveness of producing well-rounded and intellectual students. Due to the recent economic crisis, a meeting was called to discuss whether to keep the transportation service provide by the school district or to have the students provide their own transportation to school. The removal of magnet school transportation would go against the primary goal of Magnet schools. I believe that the removal of magnet school transportation is wrong and takes away the opportunity for deserving students to receive the proper education their intellects demand. If students do not feel challenged by more demanding schools, their talents will go to waste and. Some parents may not have time to take their children to school or may not be able to afford public transportation. Just because they cannot afford transportation does not mean that they should be deprived of higher education. Public transportation, over time, is expensive and not every family may afford a vehicle let alone the insurance for it. Both parents may be occupied at their job at the time for taking their child to school. While the parents are endlessly toiling to survive and support the family, the children need a sort of transportation to get to school safely and at no cost. Public transportation may prove to be dangerous compared to district provided transportation as there is no control to the individuals boarding the bus. The fact that the district is considering the removal of Magnet school transportation is absurd. District funded transportation should be the least thing provided and should be a priority in order to continue Magnet schools’ success. Although the district’s superintendent has decided not to change the plans of Magnet school transportation, I believe that further consideration for the removal should be out of the question.