Carmen - Houston, Texas

I Believe

Time after time, beneath the rumbles of a broken and shaken country, a group of young men and women have risen to defend the United States of America. Not once have they failed their nation, not once have they doubt their abilities to defend those who are powerless. For this and more I believe in the Unites States Arm Forces.

It takes courage and heart, and some level of superpower, to stand in battle with only a man-made gun and Gods blessing. It took strength, courage and selflessness when young and experienced Marines flew towards the island of Iwa Jima. And it took more strength for those who survived the first two minutes to keep on fighting with out those who fell.

Who could forget 9/11, the frantic atmosphere, the way that a couple of cowards destroyed the calmness of the United States. But all through it, those in the military service responded so fast that it made those responsible to go in hiding. It took less than a day for both men and women to go to the nearest military recruit center and say ‘ Uncle Sam, Sign me up” This is exactly what America is all about. Not only in the strength of the individual but the strength of a unit.

Not only do the Unites States military Forces battle against man, but also against nature and it’s aftermath. Last September Houston faced a Hurricane that left the city and those near almost unrecognizable. For almost two weeks there was no electricity and therefore no water, ice and food. The United States Arm Forces came to Houston with all the basic necessities that we were lacking. You could see them wearing their uniform, helping those in need. That day I came to the realization that soldiers are more than defenders but they are friends and a helpful hand.

It is not a surprise that the Unites States Arm Forces make it easier to comprehend that the Unites States is the “land of the free and the home of the brave”. As a Sailors sister, I could proudly say, in behalf of my sibling, that the United States Arm Forces is not only the best but the most admires an loved.

This I believe.