Overcoming one’s fear

Vinh - Houston, Texas
Themes: fear

I believe fear is man’s own downfall ad overcoming your worst fear will make you invincible. I believe so since I have witnessed in literature; however, the most famous example would be Bruce Wayne, the Batman.

The most famous example in literature for my belief is Bruce Wayne, or Batman. Being a popuplar comic character, Bruce Wayne had to defeat his phobia to become who he is portrayed to be. When Bruce Wayne was a child, he fell into a well full of bats, developing a fear for bats. Later, his worst fear kills his parents. For this reason, his fright turns out to be his downfall and leaves him a sense of guilt many years.

Many years later, he joined an elite vigilante group called the League of Shadows, which taught him to overcome his fears, including the one that killed his parents. As soon as he passed the final test, he became stronger, better, and more importantly, undefeatable. Readers and viewers know Bruce Wayne as Batman whose logo is a bat. Bruce Wayne decides to do so because he wants his enemies to feel the “dread” of bats as he did before.

I believe fear can make you do irrational things that would lead to your own downfall. Thus, mastering your fear will be the key to unlock your invincibility and true power.