Katie - Cypress, Texas

I believe in truth. In the perfection of the universe, the planets, the stars. The beauty of a pale winter moon, the order of the seasons. The deep blue of the sky and the silver peaks of the sea. The hush of snow in a field, and the song of robins in the treetops on a bright summer morning. There is truth in all these things, because God is Truth, and God created all things. But you can’t believe that God created all things unless you believe in God Himself.

My story is Truth. But it isn’t really my story at all. IT ceased to be my story six years ago when I gave up trying to be good enough for God. I found that the only way to be right with God is to accept that His Son, Jesus Christ, paid the death penalty for my sins; For all have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God. Even me. Just one lie, just one hateful thought and I am separated from God forever. If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord. But God shows his love toward us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. When I confessed my sin to God and believed that Christ rose from the dead, God saw Christ’s perfect Righteousness in me, instead of seeing my sin. Now I am free of the bondage of my sin.

NOw I can know exactly how to live, The Bible has all the instructions I need. Now I have peace. Neither war, nor depression can separate me from the love of God, because I belong to Him and nothing can change that.

This is Truth. That God, the Creator of the universe, would love us enough to send His only Son to die for us. The death and resurrection of Jesus Christ for me. This I s what I believe, and it is Truth.