I Believe in God

Adam - Massanutten, Virginia
Themes: Christianity

This I Believe…

I believe in God. I believe in the Holy Spirit. And I definitely believe in Jesus Christ! But I have a very different faith than that of most typical Christians. I believe In Heaven and Hell. I believe in the infallible teachings of the Bible. I believe in loving the Lord, my God, “with all my heart, all my soul, and all my strength.” I believe in grace and mercy and that God extends both to me. And I believe that God is the single most important thing in the world and that I am called to live a life devoted to Him.

Many Christians go to church on Sundays, but are involved in things such as drugs, drinking, and sex the rest of the week. The one day they are at church they put on the facade that they are perfect Christians, but the rest of the time they are not living a Christian life. How do I know this? Because for many years, this was the type of Christian I was. I would go to church every Sunday, but as soon as I left, all Hell would break loose. This all changed one Sunday in 2006 though. I was sitting in church half listening to the pastor when I heard him mention a youth trip that was coming up. This got me to thinking that I didn’t really know any of the kids in our church so I decided to go. It turned out to be one of the most amazing experiences of my life. I not only got to know the kids in my church, but I also got to know the Lord. This is where my beliefs are different than those of many other Christians. I believe that God calls us to live every ounce of our lives for Him.

Since that trip, my life has been entirely different. It feels great to live for something bigger than myself. I now live for my God, who loves me more than I could ever possibly understand. Since coming to know God, I have had many incredible experiences that I never would have had otherwise. I have done long term mission work in Mississippi where I helped to rebuild the Gulf Coast after hurricane Katrina, gone to the Dominican Republic in order to do mission work helping the poor, and interned at my church working with the youth.

I believe in God because I can feel him working in my life. I know that I am not the same person I was before I came to know Him. And I am incredibly glad that I now know God’s intended purpose for my life.