more spoil than a week old eggs

Rosa - Houston, Texas

More Spoil Than A Week Of Old Eggs

I believe that we are to spoil. I think that we waste too much money on things that we really do not need but that we want. Here in the United States we are very lucky to get a free education and that we have many job opportunities. Unfortunately, some countries are not so fortunate.

I know that many people have the idea that all Mexicans must eat beans and rice and that is all they can afford. Truly, this is true for the most part. Here we waste money on bracelets, earrings, nail polishes, and many other small things but in Mexico, you have to save your money for food. My grandparents and uncles that live in Mexico do not waste their money things they want they have to save it up until they really indeed need it. I know that my family in Mexico works all day long in the fields so that they later can go to the market, sell their goods, and hope they get enough money for food. Not like here that you work and get a paycheck every fifteen days.

I know that education plays a big role in why we are so spoil in contrast to Mexico. I know that here most people got an education therefore got a good job but in Mexico you are lucky to even finish high school. My uncles and my mom barely were able to finish high school because from a young age they had to start working in the fields to get money and be able to buy food. My grandparents had to provide for 12 kids and all they had was that field to get money. My mom once told me that one day they had nothing to eat because they had not sold any of their fruits.

I do believe that we are to spoil because we waste too much money in meaningless trash. The government should help the countries in need so that they can successful like the United States. I believe that if we really want to we can achieve this. The government already has many useless taxes so why not one more that helps others.

I believe that we should appreciate things more and definitely give thanks to God every day that we have a roof over our heads and that we have food unlike other people. I believe that we are too spoiled and that instead of wasting it on things we want we should give to the ones that do not have.