I believe that every kid should participate in a sport

Delane - Plymouth, Minnesota
Themes: sports

Dribbling and sprinting down the court I felt invincible knowing that I am being healthy while having fun. Sports have helped me in so many ways through my life. When I play sports it releases my stress because I am doing what I love. Another thing sports have done for me is they help me stay in shape, be healthy, and sports have helped me stay out of trouble. Those are the reasons why I strongly believe that every kid should do a sport.

There are a lot of positives of doing a sport. The positives are when you do a sport is you make a lot of friends. Through all the sports that I play and all the sports that I have played I have made so many friends and have kept those friends for a long time. It also helps you stay in shape and stay healthy. After I get finished doing a sport, I feel so good knowing that I am healthy and staying in shape. Sports will take up some of your time so you will have less free time to do bad things like drugs and gang. I have also learned the value of teamwork and of winning and loosing. Obviously, I believe that these positives outweigh any negatives by a long shot.

There are also some negatives of participating in sports. For one thing if you do a sport of more than one sport it can get very time consuming. I do three sports and I LOVE to do them but I have practice and games so much that I miss out on a lot of things, like parties, hanging out with friends, seeing relatives, and sometimes school. Another negative of doing a sport(s) might be that you don’t like the sport but feel like you have to do that sport to make people happy. That has happened to some of my friends but not me yet and I hope it never will.

When I am playing a sport I feel unstoppable, playing sports gives me so much pleasure. Even though there are always games where you loose but that’s ok as long as you always do your best. Also sports teach me how to work with others on you team. I also believe that participating in a sport will help you out when you are older.

Some other reasons that I believe that every kid should participate in a sport is that through my whole life I have always done a sport and it has only helped me in a positive way. Another reason why I believe this is that my parents also believe the same thing. Also my sister does not do a sport now but she did and when she did do a sport she was in good shape, and seemed happier, because she likes to be kept busy.

Most of the best experiences that have happened to me have come from doing sports. When my fifth grade basketball team won second in state, that is a moment that I will always remember. Also another great time is when my soccer team went to a tournament in Colorado and took 2nd place, it was so much fun! I also learned how to loose like when we lost the championship game in 5th grade it was a hard loss but it all turned out O.K.

So if you and your kids do sports at my age the future will be a whole lot better. The kids and adults will all be more active, and a lot healthier, and will have more friends because the friends that I make I intend to keep for a long time. And these reasons are why I strongly believe that every kid should participate in a sport.