The Mighty Hand of Justice

Rilwan - Houston, Texas

We live in an imperfect world, with thieves, murderers, and rapists. It is for this reason that I believe in justice.

Nowadays it is impossible to turn on the news and hear about only good things. In fact you hear more tragedies than testimonies. There has been much wrong-doing in my day. However, it is always made right somehow.

When I say I believe in justice I don’t mean incarceration alone. Justice comes in many forms. I believe that what goes around does in fact come back around ten times harder. It says in the Bible that “whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.” That is why a thief shouldn’t be surprised when he goes home and everything is gone except for the actual house. That is why a murderer shouldn’t be surprised when he finds himself in a deadly car accident. That is why a rapist shouldn’t be surprised when he goes to prison and gets raped. They shouldn’t be surprised because “whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.”

Thank God that the mighty hand of justice will always be there whenever a man decides to sin against another man. It protects the innocent and punishes the evil.

I am blessed to live in a country where justice is upheld with such might. We have a whole branch of government dedicated to it. And that is why, in our imperfect world, with thieves, murderers, and rapists, I still believe in justice.