Truth is Freedom

Tom - Utica
Themes: integrity

I believe that you should speak the truth, and let people decide for themselves what to do with the information. Anything else is fascism.

If you lie, you do it because you are attempting to change the outcome of someone’s actions. This is deceit. If you conceal the truth, you are also attempting to change the outcome of someone’s actions. This is also deceit. If you try to make it impossible for someone to do as they choose, through policy or regulation, that is authoritarianism. Fascism. If you try to make it impossible for someone to do as they choose through force or threat of force, that is undoubtedly fascism.

Any decision any person makes through deceit or authoritarianism is a decision made only for the benefit of the deceiver or for the authority. It is never in the best interest of an individual, intentions do not matter.

If a person cannot be persuaded by truth, and their own use of reason, or they cannot freely choose their actions, then their actions are irrelevant, and any benefit to the authority or deceiver of their actions is counterfeit.

The only way to sustain the counterfeit benefits of deceit or fascism, is more deceit and fascism.

Eventually a majority of people will be unable to discern truth, or use reason to choose their actions, they will be ignorant of this lack of ability, and they will be glad of it.