A key to Relationships:Communication

Christina - Sugar Land, Texas

Who do you call when you need someone to talk to? Last year when I needed someone to talk to I would call John. No matter what the time was he was always helped me. John acts like a brother to me, whenever I’m in trouble and I need someone to talk to I can call him and he fixes everything and when I need a hug that makes me know that I am safe, John gave me that hug. John acts like a big brother a big brother that I love to cook chocolate chip cookies for. But in 2003 John enlisted himself into the Army. John was always gone one weekend out of the month for training in Huntsville. While training I would still call him and tell him what was on my mind. Those calls meant everything to me because I could still hear his voice . He’s the reason for the tear drops on my guitar and the reason why I wear my “My Soldier” bracelet everyday to remind me of him.

Once deployed to Iraq I worried because I didn’t know the next time I could talk to him or see him. We message each other constantly but I can’t hear his voice and that hurts the most. But I will always remember what he told me right before he left but I can not stop worrying about what he’s doing he is in another country fighting for our freedom. I wait for a phone call but I think it’s best not to call because it’s just going to make me miss him more and I don’t think I can handle that. I miss him everyday especially when I hear the song “Tear Drops On My Guitar” by Taylor Swift because it’s our song. I also miss him when I’m around chocolate chip cookies because before he was deployed I made him a huge batch of chocolate chip cookies and since he was deployed in April 2008 I haven’t eaten a chocolate chip cookie. The next time I will eat a chocolate chip cookie will be when John comes home.

Separation from one you care about without hardly any vocal communication has a hard effect on relationships. I believe that no relationship should go with little or no vocal communication because without vocal communication you lose your bond. When you look around, does anything remind you of someone helps you get through life? When I look around my room when writing this essay I see many things that remind me of John. If you have anyway of communication with someone that means a lot to you then don’t waste the chance because then you lose your bond between that person and you don‘t what things a hard start the next time you see that person next . From my experience I have learned that without communication you lose the bond between each other and you don’t know what you can have without that bond.