Education is Valuable

Ofelia - Houston, Wisconsin

I believe that education not only depends on the knowledge found on text books but if not, it should go beyond those learnings and use our own imagination. If we were to only base our knowledge on factual material then all of us would think exactly the same way. After primary school they tend to teach all of us how to do things in a specific way, yet they still let us use a small quantity of our imagination. If we were to continue learning the same way we used to do back in primary school we would be able to bring out more characteristics of oneself.

Back in primary school we were given the opportunity to use our own imagination and our own thoughts to create a new reality that went way beyond what is now written on text books. I believe that if we were to use a similar process to that one we would be able to get out of the way everyone is taught to do things. Now schools are formulated to where all the students have to do things a certain way by providing you with a complete outline giving you instructions on how things have to be done and accomplished. If we were all given the opportunity to use our imagination to work out each math problem our way and still get the correct answer, or use our own structure to write essays but still write them correctly we would be able to use more our imagination.

When we were little we were given an outline of the drawing yet we were still provided with a lot of markers and crayons of many different colors and we were able to color the picture our own and unique way, without people correcting our mistakes. This way we were able to be distinguished from one another. We were taught the ABC’s and with that knowledge each one of us was able to create our own words, they could exist already or they couldn’t exist, yet at the end we were still corrected. Now we are giving a complete outline of the necessary steps to do everything yet if you don’t follow it points get deducted. All students now have learned to do things the same way and we are all starting to blend in, we might differ a little but not as much as what we used to back in primary school. I believe that if we were to get an opportunity to use our imagination and be able reshape our future educational systems we would be able to polish the person who we really are and how our community will be able to remember us.