Perfect Angel

Justena - Houston, Texas

I believe that everyone is not perfect but there are angels.

Being a child of parents that like to talk a lot I get a lot of attention from people; sometimes I barely even know. But there are also those people who my parents introduce to that I grow a close bond to them. Those people become someone that I always keep in my prayers. They become someone I look up to; someone I will never forget.

I remember the first day I meet Ms. Viki. She was a member of my church and an active youth ministry mentor. She had also become my mom’s best friend so when I was around her I know I always know I had to be on my best behavior. But that what made Ms. Viki someone more special than all those other people I had met. She was as one might say…an angel. An angel that was always there for you and even when you didn’t need encouragement she always had something to say that would help you. I remember one day she had come to my house to help my mom with some work she had to do. She had known that I had been having a lot of homework lately and had been working really hard to keep up my grades. Before she left I kind of got a little frustrated over some homework I had and she said, “Just keep working it will all pay off in the end. God will bless you for all this work in the end.” Those words stayed with me close to my heart even after her death. I know that I will be somebody no matter what comes my way.

Even though I have met a lot of people in my life, the angel always leave something that will live in your life forever even though their lack of perfection. I believe that perfection is only seen in the eye of the beholder and there are only certain angels that come into your life that are there to lift you up in your time of storm.