Kingdom Come

Alexandria - Houston, Texas

I believe in kingdom come and hamburgers past midnight. I believe people deserve second chances and an old dog can learn a new trick. I believe my mother does indeed have eyes in the back of her head but her doctor assured me she does not. I believe chocolate milk tastes better if you make it with your own spoon and don’t buy it brown from the market. I believe there should be a few lumps, very few, in the mashed potatoes and that if given the option, made with heavy whipping cream and not milk. I believe that there’s always going to be mountains in my life, and I’ll always want to make them move. I believe my boyfriend loves me and I believe he always will, but I don’t believe I can write an essay on just one thing I believe.

My beliefs evolve, change, shift, and morph. As I learn and experience more in life and even more through my own eyes and wounds, I believe more and more that none of my beliefs are anything more than something I believe to be kind of true at that given moment. Nothing is ever for certain, and even though I believe that my future is going to be outstanding, mind-blowing, and miraculous. I also believe there will be many moments of turbulence, discontent, and frustration. I believe right now that I believe this to be true. Tomorrow I might believe something else.

My beliefs are nothing other than my interpretations of what is true and relevant to the given thing in question. I base my beliefs on a mixture of emotion, experience, data, opinions, observations, and impressions. My beliefs are open to new ideas, and to adaptation and are flexible enough to accommodate some discord, but not so flimsy and vulnerable to bend under attack.

One can believe that my beliefs are not true and acceptable beliefs to believe in, but to be honest; I believe that I don’t really care what people who don’t have anything to believe in say about my own beliefs. I believe that I’ve wasted too much of my time worrying about what other people believe, when in reality all the beliefs that really matter are my own.

I believe there’s someone special out there for everyone. I believe that we all hope to believe in love. I believe that words do hurt. I believe that water is good for the body and soul. I believe that computers are awesome, and that the internet is genius. I believe that music can change the world. I believe that love doesn’t pay the bills. I believe that honesty is a virtue. I believe that people do deserve second chances, and I believe people have the option to make their own mistakes. I believe that everything happens for a reason, and I believe we all create the path we walk on. I believe that beliefs are fun, exciting, heartbreaking, and brutally honest beliefs to believe in. I believe I’m now done, and I’m really craving for a hamburger so I’m going to go to kingdom come, until I’m done.