I Believe Laughter is the Best Medicine

Mineh - Glendale, California

I believe that laughter is the best medicine for pain, heartbreaks, bad days, fights, or even losing somebody. When I’m in a bad mood, it doesn’t take a lot to cheer me up; all I need is a good memory or a moment that my friends and I had until I am as good as new with no hurt feelings. Laughter can always be counted on to put people in a better mood. Having the ability to put a smile on your face or the chance to hear your laughter even for a minute can cure any mood you’re in. When you feel as if the situation you are in is rough, a smile will remind you of the best things in life, which will get you in a more upbeat mood. After all, you know what they say, “When you dwell on all the bad things in life, you’ll miss out on all the good things”

At one point in my life, I lost my grandmother. We were very close when I was little. She was one of the most important people for me when I was younger, and losing her was very tough. I believed nothing could cure my grief until I started thinking of all the good memories we had and suddenly there was a smile on my face and laughter from my family who had joined in the conversation. It was then when we realized that we should not remember her death, but remember her life.

Seeing the difference in your mood when you’re in a room with lifeless, boring people and being in a room with funny energetic kids is amazing. When I had to wait at my doctor’s office, not a smile could be seen; no laughter could be heard! There were about ten kids and adults sitting there silently waiting for their turn to arrive. I was just sitting, wondering when this was going to be done. Once stepping into a hair salon and seeing friendly people in a fun surrounding can make you feel more like home and brighten your day. My hair salon is a place where everyone knows each other, therefore, we are able to have fun, make jokes and talk comfortably. This makes your mood be more upbeat because you feel a sense of belonging.

Try it once and then you’ll see- the power of laugher is unimaginable.

There is no better medicine than to take the good things you have in your life and put it into good use for yourself. It has worked wonders for me throughout the years and if everyone gives it a chance, I think the world would be a better place to live in; it would have better surroundings, better people and the result would be a better life. Don’t waste time being sad over something because as the quote goes, “everything happens for a reason.” I believe that laughter is the best medicine for pain, heartbreaks, bad days, and fights to the point of even losing somebody. Laughter can always be counted on to put people in a better mood because it makes you forget of all the bad situations happening in your life, and focuses on all the good memories; whether those memories is in the past or the present.