This i believe

Rodrik - 91205, California

Ever since I arrived in America, I have noticed that you can achieve anything in this country. I don’t remember much, but I came to America at the age of 5 with my parents. Ever since then, I never understood why we left our home country Iran. Therefore, my parents and I took a trip back to Iran and I noticed that there wasn’t much freedom in that country. Everyone wasn’t treated the same and if you compare that country to America, you can notice that there are big differences. For example, the girls had to cover up their skin in the public everyday. Also their laws followed their traditional religion.

I believe that in this country you can achieve anything that you want and I believe that nothing is impossible in this country. For example, the country elected an African American president. No one expected anything like that, but I believe in change. That’s what makes this country different from other countries. It doesn’t matter who you are, you can do anything that you choose to do, that’s why I believe that this is the best country in the world and anything can be accomplished in America. For example, in order to get into a college at Iran, you had to pay a lot of money. Therefore, only the people in rich families can get in. Unlike in Iran, the government gives you loans or money that can help you pay for college. Furthermore, everyone should have a chance and this country provides opportunity.

I truly believe that my parents brought me to this country for freedom and to start a brand new life, to forget about our old life and start of fresh. My parents sacrificed a lot for me to take an advantage here of being in America. The goals of my parents were to achieve freedom and have different job opportunities. My goal is to achieve the American Dream. In other words, to get into a great university and get a good job.

In conclusion, unlike our country, there are still countries in the world that still force people to do things. For example, in Iran you can’t do what ever you want. Their laws follow their religion and the president or government gives you orders that you have you do. The girls can’t show their skin. But in our government, we can go out and do anything we want and you will get support. As you can see, in this country, you can do whatever you what to do and no one can stop you from pursuing your goals. This shows us that anything is possible in the United States and that’s why, I believe nothing is impossible in this country.