Alex - Glendale, California

I believe that cars are very important. Without cars, people would have to walk to reach a destination. Cars may cost a lot but they are truly worth it. Cars are a necessity in many people’s lives. Cars are more a necessity than busses, trolleys, planes, and any other type of transportation.

Cars vary by company. More specifically, by class. This is good because people with big families can buy a bigger car rather than a small one. People who like to drive a lot can buy a car that is more fuel efficient than others to save money on gas. People have also turned driving into a sport, for example offroading and NASCAR races.

People can tell a person’s characteristic by the car they drive. They can also tell by the color of the car. Many people say that geniuses pick the color green. They also say that the brighter the color, to more the chance that a police will give you a fine. I believe it is because your car stands out. Some people do not care what color the car is or even what car it is but I think that is important because you will be using the car for many years and if it is a color they dislike, they are stuck with it.

There are cars especially made for offroading. There are also cars make for the track with special thick tires which are not legal on streets. They are illegal because they have no grip at all and will slip on the streets. There are also cars called “funny cars” which look funny because the body is made of cheap plastic with stickers as lights. The rear of the car is higher than the front of the car, so it just makes it look funnier.

I believe that people would be healthier without cars because cars are one of the main reasons for pollute and for the cause of death in teenagers. Also, when you drive, you are sitting the whole time which can cause laziness or a sudden gain of weight if you do not exercise. People should drive but walk as well to prevent those things. Even though they are very important in all of our lives, life would be harder without them.

My dream car is the Slr McLaren made by Mercedes Benz. It is a really nice car with lots of power. The doors open upward which gives it an even nicer look. The exhausts also are on the side of the car rather than the rear. The Slr is worth about 500-600 thousand dollars. The price is really expensive considering it has no luggage space but it makes up for it on the track. It is a two seater car with great interior and exterior looks. It is really fast and that is why the Slr McLaren is my dream car.