This I believe

Khachik - Glendale, California

This I believe

This I believe. I believe in Skateboarding. There are three major forms of skateboarding; Vertical, Street, and Freestyle. Personally, I prefer freestyle. It is a highly individual and expressive form of skateboarding, where the skater is only limited by his skill level and imagination. Freestyle skateboarding, is my way of expressing my imagination. It is my “sweet escape” from everyday stress. I’ve been skateboarding for a good two years now, and don’t see myself quitting in the near future.

In my eyes, skateboarding is not just a sport; it’s a form of art and self-expression. Skateboarding allows me to relax my mind, and calm myself. Without it, I’d be a completely different person. It keeps me very patient and persistent. Taking the time to learn a new trick is very time consuming. However, this is what teaches me to be patient, because the more time you put into learning something, the better the outcome will be.

I enjoy creating new tricks and linking them together. This is where creativity comes in. Your imagination is what allows you to learn these tricks, and the joy you get from landing them. The unexplainable feeling of landing a new trick is why I continue to skate.

Unlike many other sports, you can contribute to skateboarding and add to it. There is so much personal style involved in skating, which is what I like most about it. It’s individual, which is very difficult to find in other sports. Take baseball for example, you hit the ball and nothing else. Skateboarding is one of a kind, it keeps me unique and different, and allows me to express my self.

In other words, skateboarding gives me a reason to live. Skateboarding is my passion, my art. It keeps my physically active, and healthy. And for this reason, I believe in skateboarding.