Music and Feelings

Vahe - 91201, California

I believe that music is the greatest form of self expression. However you want to express

yourself, you can do it with music. If you feel happy or energetic, your music is pop or if you were angry, it would be metal. Any way you want to express yourself music has it, happy, sad, angry, or just normal, you can do it all with music. In my own life, I use music to express myself and express my mood. The kind of music you listen to can show people who you are, and you don’t have to play music even listening to it is self expression. Music also changes your mood instead of expressing it.

In my own daily life, I express myself through music. Since I play the bass, I use it to show how I am feeling. If I am mad, I like to play fast, screaming, angry music. If I am happy, I play songs that you pump up like techno. If I am sad, I play slow songs about sadness or songs that explain how I am feeling. Just listening to music we express ourselves. Everyone can see who you are just by the music you listen to. For example, if you are sad that day, you might listen to slow depressing music, or if you are angry, you listen to metal music. Music can show how you feel and who you are.

Music does not just show how you are feeling, it can cause that feeling. Rock and metal music are mostly about hate, anger, and rebellion. So listening to it can cause you to feel feelings of anger and hate towards whatever the song is singing about. When I listen to Metallica or System of a Down, I feel angry about the same reasons they feel angry. Listening to sappy love songs can make you feel happy, excited or make you feel like all the pressure in your life melts away. It feels like the first time you have a crush on somebody. Music can create feeling the you have inside.

Musical expression through instruments is when you play any instrument to express sadness, bitterness, or deprivation. The drums are a great instrument to express anger because playing the drums by slamming and banging shows that you are angry, hurt etc. The guitar or bass is the perfect instrument for expressing any feeling. I play bass when I feel sad I like to play slow rock and when I am I play angry metal or hard rock.

So as you can see, I believe that music is the greatest form of self expression. You can play music and express yourself. You can also listen to music. For example, during hard times, you can play triadic music to show you are feeling sad or tragic. Also, if you are feeling sad, you can listen to sad music and that will show that are feeling depressed, or sad. This is what I believe.