I Believe That Global Warming Is Destroying Our Planet

Lori - Glendale, California
Themes: environment

“This I Believe…”

I believe that global warming is destroying our planet. I think people should start paying more attention to it and try to find ways to prevent it. It can be prevented by reducing the resources you use, reusing old materials, and recycling bottles and cans. Here are some ways that all of these can be done.

One way to reduce some of Earth’s resources is to stop using plastic bags at the grocery store. Instead, you can take your own hand bag with you to the market so you won’t need plastic bags. Also, you can reduce the use of energy in your home by switching from regular light bulbs to fluorescent lights. Fluorescent lights use 85% less energy than regular light bulbs and they last longer

There are plenty of ways to reuse materials you already have. For example, when you finish a bottle of shampoo, instead of throwing it out, refill the bottle with more shampoo or anything else you can think of to put in there. Another way to reuse paper can be done by saving the pieces you don’t need anymore as scratch paper, instead of throwing it away. This way, the paper is not being wasted.

Finally, a good way to save the environment is by recycling. It’s better to recycle any material you can, rather than just throwing it away because by recycling it, the material can be reused into something else and save more of our resources. Just organize separate bags for paper, plastic, and glass/aluminum, and take it to your local recycling center. Plus, you get 5 cents for every bottle you recycle.

I get such a great feeling after I know I did something to help the Earth. Whether it’s recycling bottles and cans, or reusing an old scrap of paper. Since I like to draw, all the pieces of paper I get that I am not able to use anymore, or don’t need, I keep them in a folder in case I get inspired to draw something. I find it a great way to save paper. And, the crinkled ones give it a nice touch to my drawings.

I believe that we all should wake up and start doing something, even if it’s very little, to help our planet. By doing these, you can save money, and the environment. I believe that every little thing counts.