I Believe In Karma

Sareen - La Crescenta, California

I Believe In Karma

I believe that karma is real. The definition of karma is “what goes around comes around”. Karma is just as true as “what goes up must come down”. It is something like payback, revenge or a reward. It someone does something bad to you, something bad will happen to him or her in return. Although most people think that karma deals with only bad, I believe that it also comes in a form of kindness. Karma is either a punishment or a reward.

One of the many ways to describe karma is by the Golden Rule; treat others as you would want to be treated. If you want a person’s respect, show him or her respect. If you want someone’s trust, show him or her you trust them. I have learned from personal experiences that you need to show others how you want to be treated. Not by words, but actions. I learned that the more attitude I gave to my brothers, the less privileges I had. Because of my disrespect, I would get my phone and computer taken away and my curfew would be earlier. When I would respect them, we got into fewer arguments, which added on to my privileges.

I believe that karma is a very powerful thing. In my opinion, karma has the ability to ruin your life, or to make it much better. I think that it all depends on what kind of person you are and how you act to others.

If people are not kind to others, others will not be kind to them. If someone disrespects others, others will disrespect them. Karma has to do with how much luck someone has. If you are not a good person and you do not do nice things, you will have bad luck. If you are nice and kind to others, you will have good luck. For example, if someone is a nice person, and are having trouble with something, someone will help them. If a bad person needs help, not that many people would help them.

Buddhists believe that karma affects people in their after lives rather than when they are still alive. In my opinion, I think that karma affects people both before and after death. If you are a nice person, you will have a peaceful after life. If you are a bad person, you will have a rough afterlife. Christians believe that if you follow God’s Ten Commandments and you are a good person, you will go to heaven. They also believe that if you are a bad person, and you do not follow the Ten Commandments, you will go to hell.

I believe in karma. That karma has the ability to change someone’s life to better or worse. It is like payback, revenge or a reward. I believe that karma deals with not only bad, but good also and that if affects someone when they are both alive and dead. Karma is like the Golden Rule; treat others as you would want to be treated. If someone is a bad person, others will treat him or her badly. If someone is a good person, others will treat him or her kindly. You control your karma by choosing what type of person you are.